The Christmas festive season is one of the most important times for catering & caterers; not only is it extremly busy, but it’s also a time when you can show off your catering talents and gain new clients. To help you get through this busy time of year, Charlie’s have put together a quick survival guide to the Christmas & festive season.
CHRISTMAS PARTY MENU
When it comes to planning Christmas menu’s it can be a challenge to marry tradition with new food trends. However, it can be done! So here’s how. The key is combining seasonal festive flavours with non-seasonal food and this can be shown off effectively through canape party bites and bowl food. One combination would be to make a marinade for chicken wings or meat skewers. Another option would be to combine festive favourites, such as pigs-in-blankets and use cumberland sausage or pork and cranberry.
If you are trying to creating a menu for a banquet dinner, having a theme can help keep everything together and give your clients an idea of what to expect.
Popular Christmas themes include:
- The Nutcracker
- Into the woods
- Alpine Tale
- The Wizard of Oz
- Toy shop or Santa’s workshop
- Victorian/A Christmas Carol
Not matter what your theme is, a turkey dish is a must have but it’s also worth having other options that fit with your theme and other traditional dishes such as beef and salmon goose and pork.
HIRING CATERING EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE
When feeling the need to hire catering equipment and furniture from a hire company, book as far in advance as possible, especially if you want specialist equipment or on-trend china. There are many benefits to hiring from a catering equipment company such as:
- No washing up required
- Not having to worry about maintenance or failure
- If something breaks or stops working, Charlie’s can replace fast
- Hiring equipment and tableware from hire company such as us gives you access to a variety of styles and brands meaning you don’t have to stick to the same design for every event.
When choosing a catering equipment hire company keep the following in mind;
- Are they an established company
- Do they PAT Test and certifacate to show it
- Who do they service
- Do orders arrive on time? and the quality of their equipment and is their serviice guaranteed.
DECORATIONS & EYE CATCHING DESIGN
Decorations are central to a Christmas party. Whether you are designing a table setting or dressing the side of a canape plate – Christmas would not be Christmas without decorations. Your theme will largely dictate your decorations, but we’ve come up with some ideas to help you out.
- Candlesticks and candelabras bring a touch of sophistication as well as a nod to a bygone era and nothing says Christmas more than a splash of Victoriana.
- Cake stands are not only great for displaying sweet treats but can be used to create beautiful decorative displays.
- Holly, mistletoe or a bit of spruce tree can be used to dress the sides of canape plates and wreaths can be used to embellish larger plates.
If you’re a caterer and need to hire catering equipment and furniture for an event please contact us today. At Charlie’s Hire we offer a delivery and collection or collect and return service as well as a wash-up. So what have you got to loose.